This salad is a great use for left-over BBQ chicken, its got a little bit of spice and is a healthy meal just by itself.
Ingredients (feeds approximately 2 or 1 hungry person)
- 1 cup of finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 stick of celery finely diced
- 1/4 green apple finely sliced (core removed)
- 3 sprigs of Italian parsley – chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime or lemon
- splash of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded BBQ chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican spice mix
- handful of sultanas
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional – add a small can of corn kernels or chickpeas
Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl, toss and check for seasoning. Add more spice mix or salt and pepper if necessary.